Multicultural Community Capacity Grant Program
The Multicultural Community Capacity Grant program will help build diverse and inclusive communities by enhancing the ability of newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to participate fully in the civic, cultural, social and economic life of Ontario.
Who can apply for funding?
Individuals representing an unincorporated not-for-profit organization focused on newcomers and/or an ethno-cultural community and in operation for at least one year can apply for grants between $1,000 and $3,000.
Organizations incorporated as a not-for-profit with a vision, mission or activities focused on newcomers and/or ethno-cultural communities, and incorporated for at least one year can apply for grants between $3,000 and $8,000.
This grant program will make funding available for projects across Ontario that address one or more of the following priorities:
• Civic engagement – Facilitate community engagement, social integration and volunteerism to promote inclusion for immigrant and ethno-cultural communities.
• Social connections – Promote social connections and employment networking, including programs that reduce barriers and increase support for vulnerable groups.
• Education and empowerment – Promote intercultural understanding and break down barriers to participation in community life and decision-making.
• Women’s empowerment – Support empowerment by helping women of diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve their full social and economic potential.
• Capacity building and partnerships – Build the capacity of immigrant and multicultural organizations, and promote collaboration between service providers, to better serve newcomer and ethno-cultural communities.
How do I apply for funding?
Read the application guidelines and get the application instructions and form at ontario.ca/multiculturalgrants.
The deadline to submit applications is 4:00 p.m. on August 1, 2017.
Contact a Ministry Regional Advisor by phone
toll-free at the following regional offices:
• Central Region: 1-877-395-4105
• North Region: 1-800-465-6861
• East Region: 1-800-267-9340
• West Region: 1-800-265-2189
Or email your question to
Attachments:Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - English Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - French Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - Arabic
This website is provided for your convenience. If you'd prefer to call or email, my staff and I would be happy to hear from you.
Statement by Ministers of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation, Health and Long-Term Care and Children and Youth ServicesNews, Local News
New Program to Provide Funding for Inquests on Police-Related DeathsNews, Local News
Province Increasing Supports that will Help Connect People with Developmental Disabilities to Local Programs and Resources