Multicultural Community Capacity Grant Program
The Multicultural Community Capacity Grant program will help build diverse and inclusive communities by enhancing the ability of newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to participate fully in the civic, cultural, social and economic life of Ontario.
Who can apply for funding?
Individuals representing an unincorporated not-for-profit organization focused on newcomers and/or an ethno-cultural community and in operation for at least one year can apply for grants between $1,000 and $3,000.
Organizations incorporated as a not-for-profit with a vision, mission or activities focused on newcomers and/or ethno-cultural communities, and incorporated for at least one year can apply for grants between $3,000 and $8,000.
This grant program will make funding available for projects across Ontario that address one or more of the following priorities:
• Civic engagement – Facilitate community engagement, social integration and volunteerism to promote inclusion for immigrant and ethno-cultural communities.
• Social connections – Promote social connections and employment networking, including programs that reduce barriers and increase support for vulnerable groups.
• Education and empowerment – Promote intercultural understanding and break down barriers to participation in community life and decision-making.
• Women’s empowerment – Support empowerment by helping women of diverse cultural backgrounds to achieve their full social and economic potential.
• Capacity building and partnerships – Build the capacity of immigrant and multicultural organizations, and promote collaboration between service providers, to better serve newcomer and ethno-cultural communities.
How do I apply for funding?
Read the application guidelines and get the application instructions and form at ontario.ca/multiculturalgrants.
The deadline to submit applications is 4:00 p.m. on August 1, 2017.
Contact a Ministry Regional Advisor by phone
toll-free at the following regional offices:
• Central Region: 1-877-395-4105
• North Region: 1-800-465-6861
• East Region: 1-800-267-9340
• West Region: 1-800-265-2189
Or email your question to
Attachments:Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - English Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - French Multicultural Community Capacity Grant - Arabic
This website is provided for your convenience. If you'd prefer to call or email, my staff and I would be happy to hear from you.
Students Will Now See OSAP Amount and Net Tuition Fees OnlineNews, Local News
Loi de 2017 sur le renforcement de la qualité et de la responsabilisation des patientsNews, Local News
Loi sur la primauté du consommateur sur les consommateurs - Projet de loi 59