New Provincial Booking System Opened Today
Beginning today, all Ottawa residents age 80 and over can begin booking appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. In Ottawa, there are two options for booking, depending on where you live, so please consider the options carefully to determine which one is right for you.
1) All Ottawa residents 80 and older (born in 1941 or earlier) regardless of where they live in the city can book an appointment through the Province of Ontario’s online booking system. This includes adults 90 and older who do not yet have an appointment booked.
Visit http://www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine to access the provincial booking system or call the information line at 1-888-999-6488 between 8 am and 8 pm, seven days a week. Only book or call if you are eligible.
Appointments will be available at four community vaccination clinics:
• Nepean Sportsplex (open)
• Ruddy Family YMCA-YWCA (opens Wednesday, March 17)
• Eva James Memorial Community Centre (opens Tuesday, March 23)
• City Hall (opens Tuesday, March 23)
2) Residents over 80 in high-priority neighbourhoods
If you are 80 and older (born in 1941 or earlier) or an adult recipient of chronic home care, and you live in an identified high-risk community, you can call 613-691-5505 to book an appointment at a pop-up clinic location close to your neighbourhood.
Other groups were made eligible in previous weeks and remain eligible today. Please visit Ottawapublichealth.ca/COVID19vaccine to see if you belong to one of those groups or use Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Screening Tool to check your eligibility.
Pop-up clinics are not available through the provincial booking system, so eligible residents in these high-priority neighbourhoods should still call
613-691-5505 to make an appointment.
We thank everyone for their patience and understanding during the transition to the provincial booking system for vaccine appointments.