The last day of operation for the OPH Community Flu Clinics this year is today (December 18, 2020). Clinic bookings will resume in the New Year (2021) for children under 9 years old requiring a second dose of their flu vaccine, and for clients who have not yet been immunized. Appointment bookings will be available starting December 23, 2020 at 10 am. For more information, click here: OPH Influenza (Flu) webpage
Please consider signing the petition I’ve created asking that the COVID-19 Command Table appear before before the Select Committee on Emergency Management Oversight. You can find it here:
Be Social WISE
Continue to follow Ottawa Public Health guidelines, wearing a mask in indoor public spaces, wash hands frequently, socially distance 2 meters apart and stay home if you are not feeling well.
OPH recommends limiting gatherings as much as possible. In other words, limit gatherings to those who live in your household or those providing support services, such as a caregiver. If you live alone (single parent, student, etc.), one or two contacts outside your home can be important social supports to draw on.
Government of Canada rolling out $100M in added support to food security organizations during COVID-19 pandemic
Government of Canada Announces Funding for New COVID-19 Safe Voluntary Isolation Centre in Ottawa, Ontario
Introducing a simplified process for claiming the home office expenses for Canadians working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Ontario Launches Long-Term Care Staffing Plan
Ontario Increasing Mental Health and Addictions Services
Ontario Unveils Plan to Combat Poverty
In the Community
The Ottawa Police Service would like to announce a change of service hours over the holidays – from December 24, 2020 to January 1, 2021 – with Front Desk Services at the police stations located at 3343 St-Joseph Boulevard (Orleans), 211 Huntmar Drive (Kanata) and 474 Elgin Street (Ottawa).
|FRONT DESK SERVICES HOLIDAY HOURS|
|Thursday, December 24, 2020||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Friday, December 25, 2020||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Elgin Station Only*)|
|Monday, December 28, 2020||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (all stations)|
|Thursday, December 31, 2020||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|January 1, 2021||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Elgin Station Only*)|
* Please note that on December 25 and January 1, only our Elgin Street location will be open.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there are a number of changes to processes and services:
- If you need to make a collision report, please call 613-236-1222 and follow the prompts. If the collision involves injuries, please dial 911 immediately.
- Our Queensview location is still not accepting walk-ins. If you require a copy of a police report or information concerning an FOI request, please email FOIRequests@ottawapolice.ca.
- If you require a record check, please use our online system at ottawapolice.ca/recordchecks, which is available 24/7.
- If we require you to come in to verify information for your record check, you will be emailed with an appointment time.
You can visit our website for all Holiday Hours: https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/contact-us/Find-a-Police-Station.aspx
We want to wish you and yours a safe, healthy and happy holiday season.